Sign in to follow this  
Mark_AR

IBM withdraws OS/2 Support!!!

Announced July 12, 2005. IBM is withdrawing support of their OS/2 operating system OS/2 Warp & OS/2 Warp Server for e-business.

Effective December 31, 2006, IBM will withdraw standard support for the following products licensed under the IBM International Program License Agreement. Fee-based service offerings will continue to be available. These offerings will provide support beyond December 31, 2006, via a services contract. For information about the extended support offering, contact your IBM representative.

Read More Here:

Edited by Mark_AR

I am not really surprised. The thing that surprises me is the level of support they are still offering.

I've got version 1.0.

Looks like it will make its way to the burn pile when I do some more house cleaning.... Oh well...

I've decided to heave out a lot of stuff I haven't used in 5+ years. Sadly, no one around here knows about OS/2, TRI-BBS, D'Bridge Front End, Barren Realms Elite, Night-Owl CD's etc..etc.. All my BBS stuff... hundreds of dollars.. up in smoke.. *sigh*

I used to run a bbs called shaolin, my friend ran watchtower. I remember the good ol days. z-modem, riptide, etc.

I was one of the first I knew of to have a 14.4 modem. I can't remember for the life of me what software I used, but if i hear it... i would know it.

Hmm... Searchlight, WWIV, Renegade, Tri-BBS, Wildcat.... :unsure: Ummm there are tons more, but those are the ones that I've tried or familiar with...

All gone the way of the dodo bird and DOS... and now oS/2... too :P