The BBQ Kid

State of LO3

Dear Team,

I want you to describe LO3 as you see it now and what if any goals we should have.

We have 45/50 players now and it would take some serious growth in the lower ranks and a few new recruits to get us into the top 200. If we utilize our training alliance, the leader board is mainly a vanity in my opinion. Alliances lose players for various reasons no matter how good the alliance is, so we need recruitment. Most teams rely on the leader board status for this.

I guess my goal for us is modest. I want a healthy group of active players that always keep the watch signals filled and help each other with advice and have a fun time attacking and chatting. I don't care about climbing the leader board any more. This attitude has cost us a few good lords. I don't want to drag you along a path that you don't like. If you think we should focus on crowns and be super competitive, maybe it's time for some changes. Maybe you should switch to LO1, 2, or 4, or maybe I should permanently move on to LO5 and let someone else run LO3 so it looks better to the public (leader board rank).

I would never leave The Leftovers but don't want to be holding you all back with my lollygagging and laid back 2-3 attacks per day. That is all I have time to do.

Should we keep going as we have for the past few months or go back to a higher level of competitiveness?

Your Pal,

BBQ

I'm a full time student, so unfortunately I cannot be online for very long each day. When I first started playing this game, I was welcomed by KaptainKronic (Emperor of LO2 at that time). Shortly after, LO3 was established and I joined that to help the new alliance get going. I eventually stayed there because of the laid-back rules LO3 offered instead of LO2's more competitive rules. Many changes were made to the alliance settings to try to get LO3 onto the leaderboards and many players who loaned from LO and LO2 left eventually, dropping our crown count dramatically. In the past few months, I realized that LO3 was really behind on crowns compared to LO, LO2, and LO4. I kind of feel bad for the Emperors of LO3 and LO 5 because these two alliances have quite a bit of crowns less than other LO alliances, and they probably feel kind of ashamed (that's how I would feel). We could possibly transfer players from other LO alliances to ours permanently so the crowns are more balanced and fair for the members in LO3. If we are going to make major changes, we should first wait for the league update to be released, so we can have  better understanding of where LO3 is in the world leagues.

I personally think that LO3's laid back style is great for casual players like myself, but I am always open to change.

I can volunteer to post a recruiting thread on the game forums if you'd like BBQ.

Your fellow casual AoE: CS player

Daniel

Edited by UnfadingTube14

My thoughts are simple... 

I like this alliance. I have not visited the others branches but those who have dropped into LO3 have been great. The things that attracted me to this alliance were: 

- WS always kept full for all members with quality troops

- players that chatted plenty and were friendly and have fun playing

- more experienced players who gave out helpful advice and genuinely want to help you improve your game

to me, these are the most important aspects of any alliance.

In saying that... I would love to see all members actively trying to improve their crown count. I work full time and have a busy family life so I cannot be on for extended periods of time. But I think it's a simple goal for me to continue chipping away and slowly building my crown total. I don't want to see us get to the leaderboard at the expense of losing valuable members of the alliance or by making strict and stringent regulations to adhere to but I would love to see us build towards it. I would love all members to to have a goal of building the alliance and supporting its members. I want this to be fun and casual but with members who are onboard nonetheless. 

Sorry, early in the morning and still trying to get my head together ;) hope that made sense

For me, the important thing is companionship... The crowns will come as we move on. I have alts in more competitive LO's... I will go with the flow... Change or no change.

Let's keep in mind that this game is anything BUT a race. A month is short time, stuff take long ANYWAYS...so why rush people with a crown count?

Edited by zuccubus1974

I was thinking...maybe you could apply what we do in LO 2... switch hat from times to times... So you feel less pressure from leadership. Not saying to drop leadership, just change, from times to times, with someone you trust. Then you switch back. One or two players could help you in the emperor task. And i keep believing that this game is NOT a race... The crowns will come as we all have or fun, and as we keep helping each othters

Edited by zuccubus1974

I think it's time for me to step down from the throne. I think The Leftovers 3 should be a competitive group, like LO2 & 4. I could a be part of that, but don't have the time or heart to lead that effort. If the majority of The Leftovers 3 wants to keep it casual, we should all change our name and be the laid back branch. Let LO5 be for training those who don't make the cut to LO1,2,&4.

If most of our alliance wants to be competitive, I will take the slackers with me and set up somewhere... Maybe in LO5 and dump the training focus.

I am just throwing ideas out there and would not do any of this without major input from the Leftovers 3 team members and leadership team. Nothing will change until the current league is over.

BBQ - I have a lot of players that aren't active every day - meaning they don't attack. I don't pressure LO5 to grow in crowns.

They don't attack, but they DO log in. I can tell they don't attack because they aren't put into a League yet. They don't have that little emblem by their names.

I don't mind helping out and giving tips/advice if active players seek it. But not many in LO5 seek "training" and I never know if players see my replays when I share them. I don't get any feedback from them.

But I have 15 players who haven't attacked and are not put into Leagues currently. LO5 is supposed to be a "training" league. Can't really train if you don't attack.

I think I am better served playing in one of our other Alliances - either in Lord capacity or if needed, temporary emperor.

(Not quite full time emperor as I like to visit some friends in different alliance every now and then...)

BBQ - if you feel you need to leave - you are welcome to come to LO5. You can lead the group. ;) 

But if you do - I advise you take a few people with you - a few Lords - because LO5 is kinda lacking a bit in active lords. We have 3 Lords for 45+ players. I don't know what we'd do without those Lords!

My work and lifestyle don't allow me to be any more active than I am (which is not very). My attacks are inexperienced and weak. Low activity also means I learn slowly from experience, so though my attacks are getting better, it is happening very slowly...

On the other hand I made sure to level up to lvl6 cav as soon as I could so I could AT LEAST contribute to the watch signal donations. My view is that this lifts a training burden on others allowing them to concentrate on training for their own attacks.

So can I contribute to a competitive alliance? Yes, in a fringe way, by breeding cav which lets you shims get on with earning crowns and glory. Can I contribute directly to crowns? Not really. Not yet. Someday perhaps.

For me a casual LO3 works well as a less competitive, or mid-competitive alliance. Not a place to be lazy, not a place to stress the details too much. (The broader question of how you define mid-competitive in activity rules is admittedly difficult.)

If LO3 goes full competitive I'll be happy to contribute elsewhere.
BBQ, I'll follow you wherever you lead....

Edited by Maxx(LO3)

That's good stuff maxx

You two are awesome contributors. The alliance would be not be what it is without you!!! 

i just want active players... In the sense that they hop online and help out with crowns or WS or advice or... You know... stop and say hi regularly as a minimum. I think active players will lead to a naturally more competitive group anyway... Without losing its laid back feel ;)

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:16 PM, MikeR210 said:

I think I am better served playing in one of our other Alliances - either in Lord capacity or if needed, temporary emperor.

(Not quite full time emperor as I like to visit some friends in different alliance every now and then...)

mike if you want you can switch with me . I don't care about my crowns anymore but lo1 needs it !! I am more of a resources hunter so I will be more than happy to be in lo5

I am in agreement with Maxx as well. I like the casual element with LO3. It's a mixture of competitive and casual.  The higher level players do a great job keeping the WS full.  Regardless of the outcome I will continue to remain in LO3