Sorry folks but am getting so frustrated as of late I rearrange my Def got some help with it, it worked fine for a minute then with this last patch I do not know. I went from 400 crowns slowly climbing the ladder  and not I barely have 300 an cant seem to get a Def win or an Att win. I have almost everything capped out for my lvl so not really sure why such a 180 on wins an losses. Any help would be welcome because I don't want to get the boot :P. TYVM

Hey Montorian,

I felt the same way when I got to age 7. Now things are a little stabilized. Every attack is a struggle and my defenses are balanced, the opponent needs to be better than me to win. However, I just started upgrading my troops.

What helped me a lot with my attacks is trebuchet protection and Charles Martell on level 2. I also choose my battles very carefully!! First I calculate if I can win, then the crowns cap. I usually look for battles that worth from 12 to 20 crowns. I realize it is low, but I'd  rather have a small win than a major loss.

In witch age are you in?

Better luck man!!

Age 7 the only thing I have not upgraded for the most part was walls because used the stone to upgrade towers an ballis. Have TK to 3 rest am workin on need pens for them. I try an pick good battles I know some I have lost cuz I either didn't see because was dealin with diff troops an others went off on their own or I told them to do one thing an they did another lol.

Edited by Montorian65

If you are maxed out at Age 7, you are probably bring attacked by Age 8 & 9 players. I think it is time for you to go to Age 8 so you can add more towers and defend yourself better.

Monto,

I recommend bringing your wall defenders into the inner wall.  Where they're sitting they're either taken out by trebs right way or too far from the battle to do any good. 

You've got your high value defenses inside, which is good.

Your stone stores are bunched; separate.

When attacking, try to keep all troops away from Martell - they get fragged in the crossfire.  Try to take out the guard houses early.

Have a look at some other shims' age 7 layouts. I think your defense may be too spread out. You have tried to keep everything inside the wall, which means you have to have a big outer wall, no internal wall divisions, an it's more difficult for your towers to cover everything.

Have a look at other layouts, and consider tighter rings around your keep. This can allow more overlap from tower coverage (more focussed def), and the spare walls you free up can become dividing/segmenting walls which slow down attackers. The longer it takes them, the more time you have to hurt them. It means selecting some lower value buildings to leave outside, but so long as only 15-20% sits undefended outside, it's no real problem.

Attackers will get inside the wall. If we accept that the question becomes: how do we slow them down and make them die once they are inside.

Also, don't over max your walls! Upgrades put you in league with higher level opponents. I believe lvl 5 walls should be fine for now. 

Thanks all for your input was very helpful.