MiddleAged Guy

Problem with Foreign Language members

Hi Folks,

What to do do about members who have 0 English?  We have a new member who went a little wild last night with singe troop donations.  Based on the shim's name, there is no common language to communicate to him not to do this.  Do we boot?  And in general, how to handle members who we can't communicate with?

Myself, I'd say ignorance is no excuse of the law :) - So I'd vote for booting him, Single slot donations are very damaging to the team as whole.

Personally, I think we should try everything we can, but if nothing works, then boot them. They can always go to one of their alliances that supposedly represent their country.

I was wondering if it was sabotage from a rival alliance.  He had a good week to study our individual layouts, screenshot them, drop some singles and run home.  I might be a little over the top with this; conspiracy theorist style, I know.

Just boot them if you are pretty sure that they either don't speak English or are too dumb to click the flashy button and discover the chat feature.

Personally, I don't tolerate single slot donations, if they can't read the alliance header, they get the boot.  Judge Dredd Style.  As soon as I figure out who donated the crap to me, shim gets the boot.

Well my 2 cents is figure out what lingo they do speak an use google translate to send them a message. It is a world wide game you wouldn't want someone to do that to you now would you?

Montorian65, There are a few people among us who speak English as a second language. One is an emperor. We are patient with people who try to communicate, but if they really want to participate in an alliance, they really need to speak some form of the common language. Lately, we have had several Chinese players try to post in chat, but the phone doesn't even recognize or reproduce their symbols. One player finally replied and said something like "I am Chineese. My English no good." is the only reason why i assume the others were Chinese.

Hey Guys, whenever you need a English > Portuguese translator, feel free to ask me.

If everyone who speaks English as a second language post here his main speaking language we may have a translation team to help on those situations...