Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

Use Your iPad as a Remote Control for WMC

ipad-ceton-wmc-2.png

I have always had an HTPC as my home theater's centerpiece. The flexibility that an HTPC brings simply can't be matched by the likes of WD TV Live, Apple TV, or any Roku. I have the ability to spin a disc, play my enormous library of music and movies, and watch live TV. The only thing that had been holding my HTPC back from being adopted as the primary solution by my fiance was a keyboard and mouse. In order to rid my self of our cable box, I had to find a solution that anyone could use, including my technophobic fiancé.
ComputingOnDemand?d=yIl2AUoC8zA ComputingOnDemand?i=nOPSx64-vLQ:OXoEOgU- ComputingOnDemand?d=7Q72WNTAKBA ComputingOnDemand?d=dnMXMwOfBR0 ComputingOnDemand?d=qj6IDK7rITs ComputingOnDemand?i=nOPSx64-vLQ:OXoEOgU- ComputingOnDemand?i=nOPSx64-vLQ:OXoEOgU- ComputingOnDemand?d=l6gmwiTKsz0 ComputingOnDemand?d=TzevzKxY174
nOPSx64-vLQ

View the full article

You mention you have not told the app how to see MKV. My question is, how do you play MKVs on your PC in the first place ?

I use shark007 codecs for WMC/MediaBrowser2, XBMC and Plex handle them fine without any codec packs

Thanks a lot. Maybe it's time to try these out. I have 64 bits version, and when i used codecs in XP MCE & Windows 7 Home Edition, I was losing fast forward control and could only do Skip using the remote. I hope that's not a problem with shark007's codecs. Sound like I'll need to get ready with some kind of bare metal image just in case. So here i'll go off reading about it under one of your Backup articles. Thanks...