BadBoy

Send Images from IP Camera to WHS

I have a WHS (Tranquil SQA5H) and a Panasonic BL-C160 IP security camera both on the same local network. I want to be able to send still images to my homes server from my camera when it triggers. At the moment I can only figure out how to get the camera to e-mail the images to me. In the settings there's a send by HTTP option and a send by FTP option. I'm unsure which to use and have tried both but without success. I went through the process of setting up the Filezilla FTP software on my WHS but can't seem to get it to work with the camera. I'm also now wondering whether the FTP software is even necessary given that the camera is on the same local network. Any advice, or initial pointers would be really helpful. Thanks.

I am going to venture a guess and state that FTP will probably be the way to go. What were your issues with FTP? were you able to get FTP working, but just now with the camera or not able to get FTP working at all. I am currently reviewing a QNAP nas that has Surveillance Station integration but no camera to test it with.

I am going to venture a guess and state that FTP will probably be the way to go. What were your issues with FTP? were you able to get FTP working, but just now with the camera or not able to get FTP working at all. I am currently reviewing a QNAP nas that has Surveillance Station integration but no camera to test it with.

thanks for replying to my post. I've not been able to get FTP working at all. Well, at least I don't think it works. I've set up User Groups and Users but have only tried to test it by sending triggered images from the Panasonic IP camera. So I guess it's not really tested adequately. Any advice on how I can check whether or not I've got the FTP set up to work properly. I've followed very closely some guidelines I found on the internet so perhaps it is working and I just have a problem with the settings for the IP camera. Sorry it's all a bit vague, this is by no means an area of expertise for me -clearly.